Regarding the proposed agreement between the Fraternity St. Pius X and the Holy See (see this and this post of yesterday), Andrea Tornielli today reports the actual five conditions. According to him, contrary to what was originally thought, these are general preconditions and do not refer to the II Vatican Council or the new Mass. Here is Tornielli's post in an NLM translation:
I have come into possession of the letter (written in French) that Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos wrote to the Fraternity of St. Pius X with the five conditions in view of the reentering into full communion with Rome. In contrast to initial indiscretions, the acceptance of the Council or the new Mass is not spoken of: they are general preconditions. In fact, the Holy See, showing a great generosity, asks the Lefebvrians not to attack the person of the Pope. Monsignor Fellay has asked Benedict XVI for the withdrawal of the excommunication, so the request to respect his [the pope's] authority and not to claim any longer to be the recipients of a Magisterium "superior" to that of the reigning pontiff seems a condition of common sense! This is the text of the letter bearing the signature of the Cardinal president of Ecclesia Dei:
Conditions resulting from the 4 June 2008 meeting between Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos and Bishop Bernard Fellay:
1) The commitment to a proportionate response to the generosity of the Pope.
2) The commitment to avoid any public intervention that does not respect the person of the Holy Father and that could be negative for ecclesial charity.
3) The commitment to avoid the claim of a magisterium superior to the Holy Father and not to propose the fraternity as opposed to the Church.
4) The commitment to demonstrate the will to act honestly in full ecclesial charity and respect of the Vicar of Christ.
5) The commitment to respect the date - set at the end of the month of June - to respond positively. This will be a condition required and necessary as immediate preparation for the adhesion to have full communion ("come preparazione immediata all’adesione per avere la piena comunione").
The original French document has in the meantime been posted by the Spanish blog la cigüeña de la torre (which was also the first one to report upon the possible nomination of Card. Cañizares to the CDW). The document fully corresponds to what is posted above.