Sacred Music Summer Camp for Youth
Music Instructors: Nicholas & Elizabeth Lemme
What: Five days of musical instruction in Gregorian chant and beginning polyphony, culminating in a Mass at the end of the week, chanted by all of the camp participants.
- Learn to sight-singing with solfege and Ward Method singing games
- Improve your vocal technique & ensemble singing
- Develop aural skills and enhance your musicianship
- Discover basic medieval music theory in the areas of rhythm, notation, and modes
- Practice the basics of Latin pronunciation for singing
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Church’s liturgy and its sacred music
Where: UNL Newman Center @ the Corner of 16th and Q St.
Who: Ages 7–14 unchanged voices
Tuition: $50 per child; $125 per family 3+
Registration Deadline: A non-refundable registration deposit of $25 is due by August 1, 2016. The remaining balance is due on the first day of camp.