Guest article by Jeff Ostrowski
In this article I wish to share information about a brand new Latin Mass pew book which I feel will interest many NLM readers. This project, which has been a major investment of our time and resources, will hopefully help many Catholics to "pray the Mass" (St. Pius X).
Listed below are some features you will find in the St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal for the Traditional Latin Mass.
• 100+ full color photographs taken in several of the most magnificent churches in Europe.
• Two (2) carefully typeset versions of the Mass Ordinary: one for Solemn Mass, the other for Low Mass.
• More than 300 traditional line art illustrations, collected from a rich Benedictine archive. (samples)
• Gorgeous illuminated capital letters created exclusively for our book. (samples)
• Complete Propers of the Mass in Latin & English for all Sundays, Holy Days, and First Class Feasts in the 1962 Missal. (samples)
• All eighteen Gregorian chant Masses and six versions of the Credo in Gregorian chant notation. (samples)
• Photographs made possible by priests and seminarians of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. All vestments used were 200+ years old.
• Kevin Allen has composed Sacred music exclusively for our book.
• We use the elegant, literal translations of Fr. Lasance (completely re-typeset, not scanned!)
• The "hymn section" is made up of only the very best traditional hymns.
• Other items for parish use are included, such as the Stations of the Cross by St. Alphonsus Liguori.
• Numerous other items, including a truly unique feature that will be revealed after publication.
Currently, nine (9) different Latin Mass images can be freely downloaded for Desktop or Screensaver, and here is an example:
1920x1200 1024x768 2560x1440
Our book often features gestures and motions performed by the priest that would otherwise not be noticed by the congregation. For instance, during the Low Mass section, the pictures often focus on the priest's hands:
I would encourage the reader to visit the St. Edmund Campion website and learn about the other features that make our book special. If I could mention just one more, the European architecture often makes such a lovely backdrop for the pictures:
I am grateful for this opportunity to share information with the NLM readers, and humbly invite you to help "spread the word" among your friends and colleagues.
President, Corpus Christi Watershed